As an October baby, I am three months into my 26th year. This means that I only have nine more months left as 26 years old, and I am that much closer to being in my late twenties.
I don’t really know how I should feel about all of that…and then thinking about the number reminded me of this article that was all over my Facebook feed last month: 23 things to do before getting engaged at 23.
Now, as I’ve blogged before, I am married and now I’ve shared my age…so the list above will no longer apply to me (plus I strongly disagree with the blogger, but oh well, she is entitled to her own thoughts!!!) But just for fun and for today’s TDP challenge, check out my list…
26 things to do before my 26th year ends (in no particular order, of course!)
1) Start volunteering again like back in my college days!
~ Cleaning up a transitional home for MLK Day of Service 2009 ~
2) Pick up photography again…and in the process, explore the Queen City and really enjoy being a Charlotte-ian (two birds with one stone!)
3) Get caught up with current events (I’ll start with at least a weekly goal of perusing the local on-line newspaper!)
4) Continue to blog regularly and figure out what I really want to achieve with this blog.
5) Learn basic medical Spanish for my patients.
6) Give up Facebook for at least one week.
7) Finish at least five Pinterest projects waiting to be started on my boards.
8) Take a spontaneous trip (I’m a bit of a planner, so this will be very interesting but a lot of fun, I think!!!).
9) Attend a road SEC game with the Gamecocks.
10) Update my resume and stay relevant, promoteable, and competitive.
11) Read at least 5 inspirational books and really dig deep to get motivated, rejuvenated, and engaged!
12) Go on another family camping trip since the hubs, the pup, and I had such a blast on our first one together back in October!
13) Cut my 12-minute mile down to 10 minutes (my husband says he will help me with this one!!!).
14) Get to the lower end of my
BMI range (hopefully before our trips to Hawaii and our annual Caribbean anniversary trip!!!).
15) Continuing on the topic of health, finally find a local primary care physician in Charlotte and get a full physical! (I still rely on my family doctor about an hour and a half away or go to the Minute Clinic, so I haven’t really had a full proper annual in almost two years!
16) Thoroughly clean out my closet and purge clothes (so my husband can have some decent closet space for once!!! ).
17) Speaking of cleaning up, declutter even more and get rid of at least 26 things I don’t need/use and donate to Goodwill.
18) Pay it forward once in a while.
19) Randomly write thank you notes via the good ol’ snail mail to at least five people in my past and try to reconnect again!
20) Give up Facebook for at least two more weeks.
21) Really attempt to give up Facebook for another three weeks.
22) Watch (and stay awake) through an entire classic 007 Bond movie–which is my husband’s favorite collection!
23) Create a budget for non-essential spending and especially limit my weekly trips to Marshall’s and Target (I’m such a sucker for deals!!!)
24) Speaking of budgets and as the hubs and I are also striving for being healthier, keep track of grocery shopping/spending and prevent waste as much as possible!!!
25) Find ways to better manage, deal, and/or cope with stress–whether it be by learning a new way of meditation or by letting go and delegating more (just not by shopping, of course!)
26) Attempt 26 shots to ring in my 27th year…just kidding, I’d probably end up in the hospital!!! Start a list of 27 things to do before my 27th year ends!
So, that’s a lot. Coming up with the list was a bit much for a Sunday night…but it was actually a pretty fun and interesting exercise for my husband and I come up with together, and he even asked me to help him come up with one for himself, too!
Between this and my MPM/FUF personal challenge…this blog should stay fairly active, don’t you say? Have any other suggestions to add to my list??? Well, I’m excited to get started right away…nine months and counting!!!
Goofin’ off, KW